Faces come in all shapes and sizes, and so do sunglasses. The key to finding a pair of sunglasses that fits right and looks great on you is all about matching frame shape with face shape. If this sounds like agony to you, don’t sweat it, we’re here to help.
4 Common Face Shapes
Here’s a helpful primer for starters: There are four general face shapes, and for each of these shapes, there are common traits.
- Broad jawline.
- More angular lines, equally wide cheekbones, forehead and jaw.
- Semi-rimless or round styles can help balance a prominent jaw.
- Balanced proportions. Gentle narrowing at forehead and jaw.
- Tapered jawline and slightly defined cheekbones.
- Best looks are from square, round or bold geometric frames.
- Forehead and jaw height and width are roughly equivalent. Softer angles with slightly wider cheekbones.
- Horizontal or rectangle shaped frames give your face a longer appearance.
- Widest at the forehead and narrow through the jaw and chin.
- High, angled cheekbones.
- Low profile frames are good at elongating your look and evening out proportions.
No matter what style, shape or brand you’re rocking, Revant has precision cut replacement lenses for you in 24 tints and colors.