Last Updated; July 29, 2020
Revant LLC (collectively, “we”, “us”, “Revant”, or the “Company”) are committed not only to providing quality eyewear that is built to last, but we are also committed to respecting the privacy of visitors and customers of www.RevantOptics.com (our “Website”). This Privacy Statement describes the personal information we may collect about you, both directly or indirectly, how and why we may collect, use and share your personal information, and the choices you have regarding your personal information.
Information You Give Us
You may give us information, including information that can identify you ("personal information"), when you use our Website, correspond with us, or enter into any of our promotions or surveys. Where we request information from you, we will collect the information set out in the relevant forms or pages. You may choose to provide additional information to us when you contact us or otherwise interact with us.
If you purchase any products through the Websites you may create an online account (your "Account"). The information that you provide when setting up your Account may include your name and email address. If you register to hold an Account with us, you will also have a unique username and password which enables you to access your Account.
Please note that we will not be storing your payment information, which will be processed and stored by a third party payments company (e.g. PayPal), although we may store certain information like your billing address and the last 4 digits of your card number.
If you subscribe to receive our newsletter, then you will provide us with your email address. If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails from us, please refer to the “Opting out of Promotional Emails?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails.
If you contact us via email, then we will collect your email address.
You may also submit personal information in connection with photos/stories/videos for our potential use and/or publication (for example, as part of promotions or surveys) or via reviews or our message boards. We may use some of these in marketing campaigns but if we do we will ensure that you are made aware of such use prior to the campaign going live and given an opportunity to understand the intended use and, if you choose, object to the use.
Where you are purchasing prescription eyewear, we collect this information. Our customer service team has access to this information and will use your prescription information to make sure your order is processed correctly.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for anyone under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 16. If you are under age 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website or make any purchases through our Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from an individual under 16, without parental consent, we will delete that information. Please email email@example.com if you believe we might have information from or about a child under 16.
Information We Collect Automatically
Automated collection technologies – such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts – are used by us to analyze trends, administer our Website, and track users’ movements around the Website. We, and our third-party partners, also use these technologies to gather demographic information about our user base as individuals and in the aggregate.
When you visit our Websites, we may automatically collect the following information: your IP address, log-in information, location information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Websites, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction
How We Use Your Information
- For our business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, providing products and services you request (such as processing and shipping orders and sending order and shipping confirmations), processing and collecting payments and providing customer support, and to send you important administrative communications regarding the Website;
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
- To evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, and the Website.
- To perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis.
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, to enforce our policies and terms of service and to protect the Website and its users.
When We Share Personal Information with Third Parties
Once your personal information is collected, as detailed above, we may share it with third parties for various reasons, but please note we will not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information other than as described in this Statement. When we do share your personal information with a third party, we require that third party to protect that information consistent with this Statement and limit use of that information to performing the services they provide to us.
We need to use vendors to deliver services to you
In some cases we outsource certain functions of our service in order to fulfil your order. For example, we use a third party to support our online store and a third party payment processor, Braintree, a division of Paypal, to complete your purchase transaction.
We may work with advertising networks that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements using information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons. This information is used to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our Affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this Website and on third-party websites that participate in the advertising networks.
We do not provide any personal information to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
Affiliate marketing partners
We partner with affiliate marketing partners that allow us to serve advertisements on various websites throughout the affiliate network. If you make a purchase from Revant through the affiliate network, for example by clicking on a link provided by a social media influencer or a discount website, we will share certain information with that affiliate marketing partner that may include cookie identifiers, IP address and order ID to enable that marketing partner to pay a commission to the affiliate associated with the link or advertisement you clicked on. For more information on our affiliate marketing partners, please visit here.
Our vendors help with analytics
We may provide personal information to third parties for analytics, marketing, advertising, payment, and fraud detection purposes. These parties will have access to your personal information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use personal information for any purpose other than to provide the specific service.
One of the third party services that we use to track your activity on our Services is Google Analytics. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and web page usage.
Read more about how Google uses data when you use our site: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners
To opt out of Google analytics tracking, visit here
We make sure that your prescription information is safe and secure by doing the following:
- We restrict access to your prescription, limiting it to just the Revant customer service team members who require access to process the order
- When storing or transmitting your prescription information, we use the latest security and encryption technology to ensure its private and secure
Business successors may access information
In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of our assets, any user information owned or controlled by us may be among the assets transferred to third parties as successors in interest. As part of this type of transaction, we reserve the right to transfer or assign your personal information to third parties. Other than to the extent ordered by a bankruptcy or other court, or as otherwise agreed to by you, the use and disclosure of all transferred user information will be subject to this Statement.
We need to comply with legal requirements
We may disclose your information to government authorities or other third parties if any lawful circumstances arise, including when:
- You have given us permission to share your information;
- We are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- We believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our employees, property or other rights, or those of other users of the Website, third parties, or the public at large; or
- We believe that you have misused the Website by using it to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or our Terms and Conditions.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Settings or Signals
Some Internet browsers offer a “Do Not Track” preference. Generally, when a user turns on the Do Not Track Signal, their browser sends a message to websites requesting that the user not be tracked. Our Website and services currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track”, please visit All About Do Not Track.
How We Secure Your Personal Data
We apply industry accepted technical, physical and organizational security measures that are designed to protect your personal information against misuse, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where personal data is transferred over a network. Access to personal data is restricted to authorized recipients as appropriate. We maintain comprehensive information security safeguards that are proportionate to the risks associated with our use of your personal information. We also use enhanced security measures such as encrypting data in transit and in storage.
We ensure that any employee, contractor, or vendor who has access to personal information in our systems is subject to contractual and professional obligations to safeguard that personal information.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or form of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We retain your personal information for as long as you maintain an account with Revant or as needed to comply with applicable law.
We understand that you want to protect and control your personal information. This section details how you may review, update, or delete your information.
Viewing or updating your personal information
You can update your name and contact information by logging into your account and making the relevant updates directly. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deactivating your account
You may deactivate your account any time after you create it. To deactivate your account, please send an email to email@example.com with “Deactivate Account” in the subject line. Upon receiving your request, we will deactivate your account and delete personal information where required by applicable law.
Opting out of Promotional Emails
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the promotional email you received or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that you still may receive transactional and service related emails from us (such as e-mails related to the completion of your purchase, correction of user data, password reset requests, reminder emails you have requested, and other similar communications essential to your transactions on the Website) that may be necessary for us to make the Website available to you or respond to your inquiries.
Identity Verification Requirement
We are required by law to verify that any request submitted was made by someone with the legal right to access the information. Therefore, before accessing or divulging any information pursuant to a data access request, we may request that you provide us with additional information so we can verify your identity and legal authority, or require that you take an additional step such as validating your identity through email verification.
To make a request, please contact us at email@example.com with “Personal Information Request” in the subject line and provide full details about your request, including your contact information and anything you believe is relevant. We will provide a response to an access request within the timeframes required by law. If we cannot substantively respond in a timely manner, we will notify you and provide the reason for the delay.
Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to fulfill your request, such as when doing so would interfere with our regulatory or legal obligations, where we cannot verify your identity, or if your request involves disproportionate cost or effort. But we will respond to your request within a reasonable time, as required by law, and provide an explanation.
European Economic Area, Switzerland, or United Kingdom rights
Individuals who reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland and the United Kingdom (UK) have additional rights reserved under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act and/or ePrivacy Directive, as applicable. This section details those additional rights and information on how to exercise them:
- You may request to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information based on information collected from accessing our Website or purchasing our products.
- You may request additional information related to the purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of personal information we process, where we originally collected the information, who we share it with, and how long we will retain it.
- You may object to our processing of your personal information, request that we restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we sent you at any time. You can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send to you. You may also opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal or telemarketing).
- Where we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Upon your request, and where it is technically feasible, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information or transmit it directly to another controller.
- You have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authorities.
Note to residents of the European Union:
- Revant Optics is the controller of the personal data collected when you use the Website or purchase our eyewear.
- Your personal information will be transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and/or Switzerland and processed in the United States.
- When accessing our Website, we collect personal information from you where: 1) we have your consent, 2) your personal information is necessary for us to provide you with a service (for example, when you order a product), or 3) we have a legitimate interest to process your information and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal information, or to process your personal information in order to exercise, establish or defend legal claims.
- If you have any questions regarding the legal basis for which we are processing your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legal Basis Enquiry” in the subject line.
California Consumer Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides specific rights to those who live in the state of California. If you are a California-based consumer, as that term is defined under California law, this section shall apply in addition to all other applicable rights and information contained in this Statement:
- You have the right to request that we provide you with the categories of personal information and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected and stored about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete personal information we, or our service providers, store about you.
- We will not discriminate or retaliate against you if you elect to exercise any rights under this section of our Privacy Statement.
- You may request that we not sell your personal information.
- You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
- Please see the “Identity Verification Requirement” section above for more information on our process for verifying we have received a legally valid request.
If you are a California consumer and have additional questions based on this section of our Privacy Statement, please either email us at email@example.com with “Exercise my Rights Under CCPA” in the subject line, or send us a note by mail to the address noted in the “Contact Us” section.
Be sure to check this Statement for updates, as we will review it at least every 12 months and make necessary changes.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
If you have questions about the way we handle personal information or you submit a request to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the address below.
224 SE 2nd Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97214